If you do not want to risk your reputation and just fill in fields of sample LoR for internal medicine residency, then keep in mind a few effective tips that will help you cope with the task easier:
- Clarify all details. A letter of recommendation should be specific and brief. If you see that there is a lack of information, you should do your best to find out more details that are related to the case.
- Start with the basics. A winning letter always begins with a review of the person, his/her traits, skills, and achievements.
- Include contact information. It would be nice if you encourage the program director to get in touch and ask any extra questions. For this, provide the most suitable way to follow up.
- Be professional. The letter should be written in a proper style and tone. Avoid using too complex phrases, unnecessary linking words, and check your grammar.
- Mind format. Not all applicants understand the importance of the correct format. Still, if you want to have a catchy document, this rule must be followed. The standard length is 1-2 pages. No multiple subheadings or bullet lists are required.